2013 brought a nice guest starring TV gig, in a hilarious role with James Caan on the sitcom for ABC; Back in the Game, then a juicy little recurring role on Days of Our lives.
In January I hightailed it to Santa Barbara where I took the stage again in David Lindsay’s- Abaire’s Good People at the Ensemble Theatre Company, under the direction of the super awesome Jenny Sullivan - mid run on that show I booked a nice little guest star on The Exe’s.
If you really wanna know anything else about what I’ve done you can click here. I have no idea who finds and posts this stuff, but IMDB seems to remember way more about me than I do!
PS! I have FINALLY posted my new demo reels below. The old one (oldie but goodie!) is still there for posterity, and the new one’s feature 2 flavors; Comedy and Episodic.
reviews & critic's quotes
Shirley Valentine, Falcon Theater (2013) "DeeDee Rescher gives an Earthquake of a performance as Valentine."
- Radomin Luza, North Hollywood/Toluca Lake Patch "Rescher captivates from the moment she walks on stage."
- Margie Barron, Tolucan Times
"DeeDee Rescher grounds Shirley in a light hearted gravitas thats moving. Rescher imbues her with pathos, plumbing her frustration and also her irrepressible spirit."
- Bryan Buss, EDGE LA "DeeDee Rescher is comedic and poignant. This is a 10 out of a 10 performance. A MUST SEE!"
- Cathy Wayne, Theatre Review "DeeDee rescher is superb in the title role, her British accent flawless."
- Carol Kaufman Segal, ReviewPlays.com Lombardi, Tour Production (2012) "Marie Lombardi, played with aplomb by DeeDee Rescher, the recipient of the plays best writing, serves as the shows comic relief, and excels in this regard. She is the most entertaining and interesting thing on stage."
- Bob Abelman, Willoughby News Herald "Rescher steals every scene she's in, with her raspy voice, quick witted delivery and her very convincing warm spirit."
- Kory's Review "The delightful DeeDee rescher steals every scene in which she appears. She is so endearing and so funny you cannot help but falling in love with her."
- Christopher S. Musselman, Musselman "Rescher is a joy to watch, projecting intelligence and self knowledge, never self pity."
- Andrea Simakis, The Plain Dealer Shirley Valentine, Laguna Playhouse (2011) "DeeDee Rescher brings Shirley to a full and vibrant voice at the Laguna Playhouse, as she slips into Shirley like a second skin. Rescher has a way of showing pain behind the funniest lines, and her beaming face occasionally betrays some of the hurt Shirley feels. It's a finely balanced performance that's full of a veterans small details of craft, so seamlessly integrated that the result is completely natural. This is a star vehicle for a mature and skilled performer, and Rescher provides all the goods. She is a woman of the stage and she is in her prime."
- Paul Hodgins, Orange County Register "In a tour de force performance, DeeDee Rescher as Shirley, has us in the palm of her hands. Rescher's supremely watchable performance makes for as satisfying a play as one starring a full troupe of actors. Shirley Valentine is something special indeed, and with the superb Rescher front and center, we're rewarded with abundant laughter and a tear or two thrown in for good measure."
- Steven Stanley, StageSceneLA "The entire cast of Shirley Valentine is brilliant. Of course, the entire cast consists solely of the actress playing the title role, which requires the perfect leading lady and DeeDee Rescher fills that role beautifully. Rescher's skill at painting a verbal picture of her life and adventures is outstanding. Never do we tire of her unending monologue and yearn for other characters to appear. Rather, we are willingly caught up in her reverie and we hang on her every word. It's well worth the extended standing ovation accorded DeeDee Rescher on opening night."
- Tom Titus, Laguna Beach Coast Pilot Everybody Say Cheese by Garry Marshall, Falcon Theater (West Coast Premiere) "Funny and achingly real, Rescher gives a performance that begins merely as comedic and develops into a truly three dimensional portrait of a woman whose sunny exterior hides more than a little pain and frustration."
- Stage Scene LA "Rescher captures the frustration and longing of an unfulfilled woman." - Backstage "Husky-voiced and adorable DeeDee Rescher is outstanding as Harriet. Her comic timing is only surpassed by her fine sense of drama."
- Grigware Talks Theatre "Joe Regalbuto as Leo and DeeDee Rescher as Harriet are a dynamically double delight."
- Tolucan Times "Harriet, played to dee-lightful perfection by actress DeeDee Rescher..."
- Valley News "Rescher (King of Queens) bases Harriet's insanity in hard reality."
- Burbank Leader How The Other Half Loves by Alan Ayckbourn, International City Theatre (2010) "Rescher is such an all American actress that it comes as a delightful surprise to hear her signature husky voice in "veddy veddy propah" (and spot on) British mode. She's an absolute delight as Fiona."
- Stage Scene LA "Most entertaining of the cast were DeeDee Rescher and Gregory North. Their on-stage chemistry causes roars of laughter."
- Diversions "DeeDee Rescher is fabulous as Fiona. Blonde, effervescent and bubble headed."
- Grunion Gazette "DeeDee Rescher flawlessly delivers a key performance as the self centered Fiona."
- Buena Park Independent Prisoner of 2nd Avenue starring Jason Alexander and Gina Hect, El Portal Theatre (2011) "Carole Ita White, Annie Korzen, DeeDee Rescher, and Ron Orbach are frighteningly hilarious as Mel's possessive siblings. Each has their own idiosyncrasy; and as a unit, they're only slightly less lethal than the Manson family."
- Jonas Schwartz, Theatermania "The supporting cast is stellar. They leave no emotional or spiritual leaf unturned. Annie Korzen (Pearl), Deedee Rescher (Pauline) and Carole Ita White (Jessie) as Mel's sisters all give convincing, vital and edgy performances that will long be remembered."
- North Hollywood/Toluca Lake PATCH "The three grotesque sisters (Carole Ita White, Annie Korzen and Deedee Rescher) belong in a play of their own."
- Charlotte Stoud, LA Times" "Mel's family is a perfect representation of selfish New Yorkers and is played to the hilt by the actors. The wonderful chemistry of all the players makes it a memorable evening."
- Robert Machray, BC/StageMage "As Mel's skewed siblings swooping down mid-crisis, Ron Orbach, Annie Korzen, Deedee Rescher and Carole Ita White work strongly in tandem."
- Bob Verini, Variety Red Herring, Laguna Playhouse "Rescher handles the broadest comedy with variety and panache."
- Variety "Rescher rises beautifully to her roles' considerable demands."
- OC Register "Scene-stealing DeeDee Rescher is delightful in a top-notch SoCal premiere."
- LA Times "The sextet of actors is a marvel of casting."
- Backstage The Pursuit of Happiness, Laguna Playhouse (World Premiere) "Annie, portrayed by DeeDee Rescher, is absolutely wired, strong-willed and passionate."
- LA Times "Dresser's finely-developed talent for observational humor pays off, especially in the hands of Rescher, a driven, whiskey-voiced force of nature whose very hair trembles with indignation when she's crossed."
- Daily Variety "The remarkable DeeDee Rescher is blessed with the juciest role, and runs with it all the way to the bank!"
- Laguna Beach Coastline Pilot The Underpants, Laguna Playhouse "Positively a scream. As the nosy upstairs neighbor is DeeDee Rescher, whose vicarious excitement bubbles over beautifully."
- Tom Titus, Laguna Beach Coastline Pilot "DeeDee Rescher is a riotous lightening rod."
- Joseph Sirota, View "Rescher's bubbly performance would bring a grin to the sourest face."
- Gene Warich, Random Lengths "Rescher's Gertrude is a nicely observed take on the randy older woman."
- Paul Hodgkins, Orange County Register Shirley Valentine, Long Beach Playhouse "If you love theater, do not miss DeeDee Rescher's spectacular one-woman portrayal of Shirley Valentine. I cannot imagine anyone, anywhere, interpreting Shirley Valentine with more charm, delight and insight than Rescher. For two hours, she held the audience spellbound."
- Shirle Gottlieb, Backstage West "DeeDee Rescher delivers a bravura performance with her wholesome stage presence, her Shirley is a creature of duality: earthy and senuous, yet intellectually curious."
- Eric Marchese, Orange County Register "The charming Rescher takes ample time to explore her gamut of emotions. The result is a truly convincing tale of one woman's hilarious and emotional struggle for independence."
- Martin Hernandez, LA Weekly "DeeDee Rescher gives Shirley a vibrant authentic voice, giving full value to the journey's spicy hilarity and poignancy."
- Lynne Heffley, LA Times "DeeDee Rescher is to the manner born, we are charmed and touched. Bridget Jones has nothing on her. Ms. Rescher felt the role in her bones and was kind enough to share it with us. This was an excellent performance."
- James Scarborough, Grunion Gazette "Actress DeeDee Rescher is every bit as wonderful in the part as Pauline Collins was in the movie, better than Collins actually."
- Allessandra Djurklou, Press Telegram "Rescher's specificity, facial flexibility and flair for dialects make "Shirley Valentine" shine like the moon reflected from the Mediterranean Sea."
- Ben Miles, Sun Beyond Therapy, Long Beach Playhouse "Rescher's fruitcake-of-all-fruitcakes character takes on mannerisms and gesticulations I've frankly never before witnessed in another human being. She is marvelous and hysterically entertaining."
- Vicki Paris Goodman, The Signal Tribune "To see DeeDee Rescher's performance of Bruce's therapist, Mrs. Wallace, is worth the price of admission. This woman is comfortable in her own body and talent who trusts the audience enough to act without a net. Does she really have all the best lines, or does it just seem that way?"
- Marchelle Hammack, Beachcomer "Rescher's Wallace steals every scene she's in. It takes an actress of some talent to make this character amusing instead of grating, and Rescher manages it very well."
- Alessandra Djurklou, Press Telegram "Rescher creates an endearingly goofy portrayal as this enthusiastically misguided analyst."
- Melinda Schupmann, Backstage West Cabaret, San Jose CLO "DeeDee Rescher's Sally Bowles overwhelms limited vocal range with a 5000 watt face, incandescent personality, fearless acrobatics and an ability to act a song better than it might be sung."
- John Mahoney, LA Times "Rescher plays Sally Bowles for all she's worth. With an animated face, expressive eyes and seductive body, Ms. Rescher is an actress/singer/dancer who delivers strongly in all areas."
- Lee Melville, Variety "Ms. Rescher is a young Ethel Merman, her voice full and strong, her activity continuous and at a breakneck pace."
- Lois Dean, Star News "Rescher maintains her scatterbrained Sally Bowles and brings us over to her side, making us care about her. She is a fascinating performer."
- Gardner McKay, Herald Examiner "DeeDee Rescher gives us an exuberant Sally. She's raspy voiced, wide-eyed, tremendously expressive and struts around the stage with complete command."
- Sandra Kreiswirth, Daily Breeze "Rescher gives Sally new dimensions and, fortunately, makes no attempt to emulate Liza Minelli. Ms. Rescher is a triple-threat comedienne who possesses the energy and style of Rosalind Russell and Betty Hutton."
- Sigrid Macey, Ledger Verdugo Vistas
"I have known DeeDee Rescher's work since my days of directing soap operas. She did a year on Santa Barbara with me, and emerged again as the annoying neighbor, with Bryan Cranston playing her husband, on King of Queens. She was a delight to work with every time. Aside from her bountiful comedic talent, the intelligence to know how every scene should be played, and the skill to make it real and entertaining, her extra gift is her infectious joy in the work. DeeDee is gifted, attractive, funny, bright and vibrant."
- Rob Schiller, director/producer, King of Queens "It is my sublime joy to describe and recomend DeeDee Rescher to you. As the Artistic Director of the Laguna Playhouse, a professional LORT theater in Laguna Beach, California, I have had the pleasure of directing DeeDee three times in leading roles in main stage productions here: once as "Gertrude" in our hit production of Steve Martin's comedy The Underpants, and again in the lead role of "Annie" in our highly praised world premiere production of Richard Dresser's more dramatic The Pursuit of Happiness and most recently as three characters in Michael Hollinger's Red Herring. I hope to work with her again and again. Audiences, critics and fellow actors love her. DeeDee brings her excellent experience (see: preparation) and special talents to every moment she performs, be it in meetings, auditions, rehearsal or performance. She has remarkable staying power as a stage actress, and she has more lasting energy and performance integrity than anyone I know - the last performance, even in longer runs, is as fresh as the first. Finally, she is great company. She is a no-nonsense workhorse, but she manages to create a joyful frame of mind in everyone around her. And that laugh. I can't recommend anyone more highly."
- Andrew Barnicle, artistic director, Laguna Playhouse "I've had the pleasure of directing DeeDee on numerous radio commercials over the past ten years. In working with her, I discovered that she is a fantastic voice actress with an amazing range. DeeDee is always professional and an absolute delight in and out of the studio. In a perfect world, I would hire DeeDee on every project that I produce."
- Jeff Howell, VP of Production, World Wide Wadio "I first saw DeeDee Rescher about five years ago when I was producing the animated Internet series Forty & Shorty. I was searching for a very out-of-the-ordinary voice, auditioning lots of actresses. One day I ran into Gary Hart (President of domestic TV, Paramount), who told me about this amazing whisky-voiced actress who he rememered from an episode of Almost Perfect. So I saw DeeDee and he was right. There is no other voice like hers in the Western hemisphere. She voiced two roles for me in every episode for two years. She is great to work with and very talented. We worked together again the following year on a comedy show idea that she and partner Teresa Ganzel pitched to me. We creative, wrote and produced a very funny comedy series concept that is still in the works. I was blown away with DeeDee's personality, comedic abilities and creativity. I am eagerly looking forward to our continuing professional relationship."
- Claude Brooks, C To The B Productions
David Moss Company
733 N. Seward St., Penthouse
Hollywood, California 90038
agent: David Moss
e-mail: Commercial Representation
Susan Nathe & Associates
8281 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90046
e-mail: Voiceover Representation
9201 W. Olympic Blvd.
Beverly Hills, California 90212
e-mail: E-Mail DeeDee